Friday, April 2, 2010

You gotta watch this trailer for Babies

Several months ago, I saw a movie trailer in the theater for a film called Babies. I liked the trailer so much I came home and immediately began searching for more info about the film online. No luck. I finally managed to find the movie, under its original title Bébé(s) on IMDb. It's a French production set to open in the U.S. on May 7th.

Maybe I'm just an old softy, but this two minute preview really got to me, and apparantly I'm not alone.

The movie is a nearly wordless documentary about the first year in the life of four babies in four different cultures around the world. The trailer is simply hypnotic. There is something magical about watching babies doing even the simplest things, and I have a feeling we're all gonna be talking about this film in the weeks and months ahead. This USA Today story says:

Paul Dergarabedian, Hollywood.com box-office analyst, says Babies has all the signs of a sleeper hit in the making. "I am not a baby guy, but I was riveted by the trailer," he says. "It's difficult to impress and surprise people, but this is one of those times where you say, 'I got to see this movie.' "

2 comments:

  1. Babies, come on. Two hours of Babies! Watch Look Who's Talking Too. At least you get 90s Travolta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A month and a half, really? I've checked two or three times a week.

    At least post something indicating the reason for and estimated extent of the hiatus, otherwise, I'm outta here.

    ReplyDelete