Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alabaster Jones, stylin' at Oaklawn

At the track in Hot Springs yesterday there was a big crowd, and as always it was a great place for people watching.

So I'm walking through the main grandstand area on the bottom floor when I notice a particularly interesting looking fellow. As I follow him through the mass of semi-drunken people, I pull out my cell phone camera, feeling a little sheepish about trying to covertly snap a picture of this guy. But I go ahead and do so.

This guy is wearing a purple suit head-to-toe topped off by a floor-length white fur coat and that sweet skypiece. While I am snapping from the back, this other guy wearing jeans and a ball cap walks up and asks the mack daddy to pose with him for a souvenir snapshot. I swung around in front of them just as the man's wife showed them both the resulting cell phone photo.


I didn't speak with the Oaklawn Playa, but I was reminded of an incredible King of the Hill episode where Hank Hill, pretending to be a pimp, confronts a real Oklahoma City pimp named Alabaster Jones (played by Snoop Dogg), who wears a similar outfit. (Sorry for the poor quality of this YouTube clip.)

No comments:

Post a Comment