Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Another reason to love HDTV, BluRay and Netflix


When I go to the movies, nothing bothers me more than to be taken out of the immersive, big-screen experience by the noisy behavior of other patrons. And no interruption is more annoying than to listen to someone answer a ringing cell phone with, "Yeah, I'm at the movie. Yes, we're watching Wolfman, but it's not very good right now... so did you and Jeremy decide where to go for dinner?..."

On more than one occasion I have asked somebody to take their conversation outside, but after this story out of the Los Angeles area I may think twice:


A man is recovering from being stabbed in the neck with a meat thermometer after asking a woman to silence her cell phone in a movie theater, a sheriff's department official said.




Just think, an angry Arkansas movie patron is likely to be armed with something decidely more deadly than a kitchen gadget.

No comments:

Post a Comment