Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cheese dip as religion


Little Rock lawyer and filmmaker Nick Rogers tries to get to the bottom of the peculiar relationship Arkansans have with a spicy concoction known as cheese dip.

I lived in upstate New York some years ago, and one of the things I missed the most about Arkansas was cheese dip. After much searching, I found the needed ingredients (Velveeta is everywhere, but a 50-cent can of Rotel cost me 3-dollars at a gourmet grocery in Syracuse) and made my first batch of the good stuff in months. Not only was it a gut-warming taste of home, but cheese dip was also a huge hit with every Yankee who gave it a try.

So break out the good stuff (no Frito-Lay canned product please) and watch this cool little 20 minute movie.




So, who makes your favorite cheese dip? I think I'm still partial to the old-school Blue Mesa-style white dip served at Juanitas. Your recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment